Conference Meeting Groups Day Delegate Rate (DDR) and 24 Hour Delegate Packages (24 Hr) Explained
When arranging your conference it might be more cost efficient to work out your budget using venue Day Delegate Rates (DDR) and 24 Hour Delegate Rates versus room hire food and beverage costs. These packages vary between hotels and venues and are often subject to guaranteed minimum numbers, which should be established before any contract is signed.
Generally a DDR includes:
- Main meeting room hire - normally 09:00 - 18:00
- Welcome, mid-morning and mid-afternoon refreshment breaks - many venues now offer unlimited tea/coffee refreshments throughout the day
- A lunch package - sandwiches, working lunch, buffet or restaurant lunch
- Mineral water, soft drinks and sweets
- Delegate packs comprising pads, pens and name cards
- Basic equipment, ie data projector and screen
- Internet access (connections vary venue to venue)
These DDR's may vary according to the size of your group/number of delegates.
Generally a 24 Hour Delegate Package includes:
- The complete DDR package above
- Evening meal (exclusive alcohol)
- Single occupancy overnight accommodation
- Full English breakfast
Again, the rate may vary according to the size of your group/number of delegates.
Example of Delegate Package Costing
As an example, should your group cover two days and one night, it's possible that the most economical package will be 1 x DDR and 1 x 24 Hour Rate.