Conference Planning Checklist
The more 'check items' you have on your Check List, the more successful your Conference is likely to turn out.
By constantly adding to your Check List you will be able to create a reasonably manageable chronological 'to do' check list to be able to assign and delegate tasks to colleagues in order to create a dedicated professional and enthusiastic team to produce your conference.
You need to choose your date, location and the duration of your Conference. Having your budget determined at the planning stage will help you create a workable spread sheet.
Once the date(s) of your conference has been determined you will be able to include the following items to your Conference Production Check List:
- Venues for offsite events
- Hotel Accommodation, assigning room categories to either first come, first served, or VIP order
- Dedicated Conference Website or dedicated Website pages
- Delegate registration, including Early Bird and other offers
- Conference Production to include seating style, room dressing, theme props, stage, sound and light, presenters and of course not forgetting your Key Note Speaker
- Exhibitor space, break out rooms and workshops
- Team building activities
- Partner/Spouse programmes
- Conference marketing material including an e.Brochure
- Awards Night, including room dressing and menu choices, taking cultural and dietary preferences into account
- Floral display, marketing and advertising
- Branding and signage
- Third party suppliers - checking each contract and its T&C's meticulously
- Destination Management Companies (DMC) to assist with local knowledge and suppliers
- Airport/hotel/airport and venue transfers
- Multi-lingual guides and simultaneous translation services
- Tour Guides for local points of interests
- Environmental awareness and recycling opportunities
- Budgetary Spread Sheet
Post event you can reconcile your Expenditure, send out Thank You's and collate Feedback from your attendees to make your next year's Conference event even more successful.
Tagged Under:Conference, Conference Planning, Conference Services, Corporate Events, Event Management